The Louisiana Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) is a HRSA-funded initiative of 31 FQHCs across Louisiana focused on quality improvement in health care through the adoption of health information technology. As healthcare reimbursement continues its move toward a value and quality driven system, the ability of providers, care teams, and organizations to analyze their population and improve the quality of care as a whole will be critical to success and sustainability, and the Louisiana HCCN will assist in that effort.
The Louisiana HCCN is administered by the Louisiana Primary Care Association in partnership with the Louisiana Public Health Institute. The LPCA was awarded a HRSA grant in late 2012 and started with 18 FQHCs across Louisiana and a focus on diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
This project will focus technical assistance on helping Participating Health Centers (PHCs) meet core objectives in four areas: HIT Implementation and Meaningful Use, Data and Quality Reporting, HIE and Population Health Management, and Quality Improvement.
The Network Offers:
- Direct one-on-one technical assistance
- Analytical quality feedback reports
- 2 in-person learning sessions per year
- Topical technical assistance webinars
- Peer-to-peer learning and exchange
- EHR and other data system user groups
- EHR reporting and documentation to facilitate electronic UDS Reporting
- EHR optimization to assure data is captured in structured fields
- Integrating data from different service types
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) options (direct mail, HIE connectivity, FHIR, etc.) and uses in the FQHC setting
- Quality improvement and management best practices and tools (e.g. run charts and PDSA cycles)
- Increase in A1c testing across all participating health centers in first three years - now surpassing NCQA goal of 85%
- HCCN Feedback Reports used to facilitate quality improvement activities with team and Board
- Improved EHR reporting validity (e.g. exclusion criteria, patient duplication)
Participating Health Centers
Upcoming HCCN Webinars and Trainings
January 2017 - SuccessEHS User Group (Tuesday, January 17 12:00-1:00pm REGISTER)
February 2017 - TBD Clinical Quality Measure
March 2017 - Health Information Exchange and Direct Mail
Check back regularly for updates and registration!
Is your organization a FQHC member of LPCA? You may be able to access recorded Health Center Controlled Network webinars and trainings. Log into our Members Only portal for access to these materials.
See a listing of all upcoming webinars and trainings.
Need assistance? Contact Ryan at email@example.com.