The Louisiana Primary Care Association has offered support to this initiative in the development and implementation of outreach and enrollment efforts in the statewide health center community. Specific focus has been placed on expanding coverage and access to consumers during the Marketplace Health Insurance Exchange roll-out.
Throughout the year, CACs will continue to provide updated information and outreach and enrollment services to consumers aimed at enhancing health insurance enrollment, coverage retention, and access.
Got Health Insurance?
The next annual Open Enrollment Period for 2017 began on November 1, 2016 and lasts through January 31, 2017.
Click here to see if you qualify. This page is designed to help you, the consumer, access important Louisiana-specific Marketplace information.
Louisiana Marketplace Quick Facts:
- The Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way to find quality health coverage. With one Marketplace application, you can learn if you can get lower costs based on your income, compare your coverage options side by side, and enroll.
You are eligible to enter the Health Insurance Marketplace if you meet one of the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or legally in the U.S. during the entire coverage period
- Live in the insurance companies' service area
- Have an income between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Offered coverage at work but it is not affordable and/or at least 60% actuarial value
- The following insurance companies have health insurance plans on the Marketplace: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, Vantage, Humana, and United Healthcare.
- If you want new health care coverage, or would like to change your coverage and have it for January 1st, you must select a plan by December 15th.
- Qualified individuals called Certified Application Counselors are located throughout the state at Louisiana's Community Health Centers and can assist individuals through online enrollment and health plan comparison. The best part is, these services are provided free of charge! See links below for more information and to locate Marketplace assistance closest to you.
Are You an Employer?
Use the links below to learn more about the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).
- Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
- Ways to Help Consumers Apply & Enroll in Health Coverage Through the Marketplace
Cancellation Call Center Line: 1-866-837-0677 (for employers whose grandfathered plans have been cancelled)
ACA Employer Call Center Line: 1-800-355-5856 (for employers who need help understanding their ACA responsibilities)
Call Center representatives are available Monday-Friday 9:00am-7:00pm EST. Closed New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, July 3rd, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and Christmas.
Certified Application Counselors (CACs) are preparing now to assist new consumers with completing applications and making the most of their new health coverage. They are also working to ensure that those consumers who have already signed up for coverage are knowledgeable about fixing data inconsistencies, making premium payments, and signing up for re-enrollment.
While over 17.6 million Americans enrolled in coverage through the marketplaces, Children’s Health Insurance Program, and Medicaid since the 2013 Open Enrollment Period (OEP), our work is far from over. Moving forward, we have the opportunity to be even more effective by taking our lessons learned from OEP I and OEP II to build new partnerships. We must increase outreach efforts, equip consumers to navigate the health insurance system, and use the media to motivate individuals. Our combined efforts will make this third Open Enrollment Period the best yet in terms of reaching a record number of uninsured consumers.
Below you will find a list of links and resources. If you have further questions, please contact Kathy Mathews, LPCA's Special Projects Coordinator, at (225) 927-7662 ext. 206.
CACs and Other Assisters:
- Assister Training - Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS)
- 2016 Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) Assister Training
- Application Process Assistance
- Technical Assistance Resources
- Outreach and Education Resources
- Application, Forms and Notices
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- 2015 Advocate's Guide to MAGI
- ACA Tax Provisions
- Exchange and Insurance Market Standards for 2015 and Beyond
- HHS Healthcare.gov
- CMS Assister Webinar Recordings
- CMSzONE Enterprise Portal Resource Library
- ACA and You for Veterans
- The Assisters Roadmap to Resources
- Doctor Search Pilot Resource
- The Assisters Guide to Helping Employers Enroll in SHOP
- National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative
Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center: For customer service support, to start or finish an application, compare plans, enroll, or ask a question, 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
For CAC Designated Organizations in FFM or SPM states send an email to CACQuestions@cms.hhs.gov if you have specific questions or issues.
Renewal and Enrollment Resources:
Why do I need to verify my identity?
New to the Marketplace
CMS Privacy Notice for Healthcare.gov
Find Local Help
2016 Louisiana Health Plans and Prices
The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
"Your Money, Your Goals"
Tips for Submitting Supporting Documents to the Marketplace
Tips to Resolve Data Matching Issues
How do I Resolve an Inconsistency?
Consumer Guide for Annual Household Income Data Matching Issues
The Health Insurance Marketplace: Know Your Rights
Get Covered Plan Explorer
How to Enroll in the SHOP Marketplace
Small Business Q/A