Cleveland Clinic 15th Annual Obesity SummitSep 9, 2021 - Sep 11, 2021
Attend the Cleveland Clinic 15th Annual Obesity Summit
Cleveland Clinic and Pennington Biomedical Research Center’s jointly provided 15th Annual Diabetes, Obesity and Cardiovascular Disease Virtual Summit has a long-standing tradition of attracting a diverse mix of health care practitioners interested in discussing innovative solutions and new strategies for diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease management. This Summit features diverse sessions that highlight the causes of obesity and diabetes, preventive strategies, and therapeutic management approaches designed to engage you with colleagues.
By Attending, You Will Be Able To:
- Identify methods to address the common stigmas of obesity.
- Describe impact of COVID-19 on obesity risk and impact of obesity on COVID-19 outcomes.
- Evaluate the clinical application of research findings on the brain-obesity links, impact of exercise on adipose tissue, and how obesogens may drive obesity.
- Describe strategies for reducing the diabetes risk through nonpharmaceutical weight-loss approaches to obesity that focus on lifestyle, diet, and exercise.
- Recognize and manage obesity-associated depression, osteoarthritis, and liver disease.
- Summarize the safety and efficacy data for bariatric surgical options, especially long-term outcomes and the potential impact of metabolic surgery on kidney function.
- Compare and contrast efficacy and side effect data of pharmacologic treatments for obesity, and describe their role in weight-loss programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence to counsel patients on various clinical approaches including diets, diabetes therapies, and using virtual visits for interventions.
Who Should Attend:
Health care professionals (including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and dietitians), researchers, hospital and corporate administrators, and others who have an interest in obesity-related fields, including endocrinology, family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry and psychology, cardiology, bariatric surgery, and wellness.
The Louisiana Primary Care Association is proud to sponsor and endorse this learning opportunity.