The Louisiana Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) is a HRSA-funded initiative from 2019-2022 of 31 FQHCs across Louisiana focused on quality improvement in health care through the adoption of health information technology. The focus of the network is to support health centers in leveraging health information technology by increasing their participation in value-based care, and the Louisiana HCCH will assist in those efforts.
The Louisiana HCCN is administered by the Louisiana Primary Care Association. The LPCA was awarded a HRSA grant in late 2012 and started with 18 FQHCs across Louisiana and a focus on diabetes and cardiovascular disease and has grown to a strong network of 31 participating health centers with a focus on leveraging health IT to improve access to care, enhancing the quality of care, and achieving cost efficiencies through the redesign of practices to integrate services and optimize patient outcomes.
This project will focus technical assistance on helping Participating Health Centers (PHCs) meet core objectives in four areas: enhancing the patient and provider experience, advancing interoperability, and increasing the use of data to enhance value.
The Network Offers:
- Direct one-on-one technical assistance
- 2 in-person learning sessions per year
- Topical technical assistance webinars
- Peer-to-peer learning and exchange
- Patient portal trainings
- Remote patient monitoring opportunities
- Security audit assessments with breach mitigation and response planning
- Telehealth service advancements
Examples of Technical Assistance Include:
- EHR reporting and documentation to facilitate electronic UDS Reporting and user group webinars
- EHR optimization to assure data is captured in structured fields
- In-depth analysis of the annual HRSA Quality Improvement Awards - complete with individual health center reports
- HIPPA and Risk Management Training
- HIT security webinar series
- Data connectivity to other population based programs/entities
- PRAPARE webinars for implementation at health centers
- Quality improvement and management best practices and tools
Successes Reported by HCCN Members:
- LA HCCN (49.4%) surpasses the national average (42.8%) for childhood immunizations
- LA HCCN membership more than doubled over the past 6 years
- In house data analytics expertise to assist with data analysis to help with grant opportunities
- (2) Certified NCQA experts in-house
- Successful implementation of the Azara DRVS tool in over 20 participating health centers
- Supporting financially (and with in-house expertise) the implementation of several add-on DRVS modules, including: Referral Module, FOT/FIT Module, Controlled Substance Module
Do you have questions regarding the Health Center Controlled Network? Please contact Brandi Bourgeois at email@example.com or (225) 927-7662, ext. 213.