The Louisiana Primary Care Association has offered support to this initiative in the development and implementation of outreach and enrollment efforts to Community Health Centers across the state. Specific focus has been placed on expanding coverage and access to consumers during the Marketplace Health Insurance Exchange open enrollment periods.
Throughout the year, CACs will continue to provide updated information and outreach and enrollment services to consumers aimed at enhancing health insurance enrollment, coverage retention, and access.
CLICK HERE TO SEE UPCOMING OUTREACH & ENROLLMENT EVENTS
Got Health Insurance?
The 2019 Open Enrollment Period has begun and extends through December 15, 2018! Click here to see if you qualify. This page is designed to help you, the consumer, access important Louisiana-specific Marketplace information.
Louisiana Marketplace Quick Facts:
- The Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way to find quality health coverage. With one Marketplace application, you can learn if you can get lower costs based on your income, compare your coverage options side by side, and enroll.
- You are eligible to enter the Health Insurance Marketplace if you meet one of the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or legally in the U.S. during the entire coverage period
- Live in the insurance companies' service area
- Have an income between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Offered coverage at work but it is not affordable and/or at least 60% actuarial value
- If you want new health care coverage, or would like to change your coverage and have it for January 1st, you must select a plan by December 15th.
- Qualified individuals called Certified Application Counselors are located throughout the state at Louisiana's Community Health Centers and can assist individuals through online enrollment and health plan comparison. The best part is, these services are provided free of charge! See links below for more information and to locate Marketplace assistance closest to you.
Get Help Today
There are several Louisiana based organizations and individuals ready to help you and your family get access to health insurance coverage. Find help near you!
Are You an Employer?
Use the links below to learn more about the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).
Small Business Health Options (SHOP)
Resources for Marketplace Assistance Professionals
Certified Application Counselors (CACs) are preparing now to assist new consumers with completing applications and making the most of their new health coverage. They are also working to ensure that those consumers who have already signed up for coverage are knowledgeable about fixing data inconsistencies, making premium payments, and signing up for re-enrollment.
While over 20 million Americans enrolled in coverage through the marketplaces, Children's Health Insurance Program, and Medicaid since the 2013 Open Enrollment Period (OEP), our work is far from over. Moving forward, we have the opportunity to be even more effective by taking our lessons learned from previous enrollment periods to build new partnerships. We must increase outreach efforts, equip customers to navigate the health insurance system, and use the media to motivate individuals.
Below you will find a list of links and resources. If you have further questions, please contact Kathy Mathews, LPCA's Office Manager/Membership Coordinator, at (225) 927-7662 ext. 206.
CACs and Other Assisters:
- Marketplace Assister Training Resources
- Applications & Forms
- Outreach and Education Resources
- Marketplace.CMS.gov Page
- Affordable Care Act - What to Expect When Filing Your Tax Return
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- HHS Healthcare.gov
- CMS Assister Webinar Recordings
- CMSzONE Enterprise Portal Resource Library
- ACA and You for Veterans
- The Assisters Roadmap to Resources
- National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative
Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center: For customer service support, to start or finish an application, compare plans, enroll, or ask a question, 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
For CAC Designated Organizations in FFM or SPM states send an email to CACQuestions@cms.hhs.gov if you have specific questions or issues.
Renewal and Enrollment Resources:
Why do I need to verify my identity?
New to the Marketplace
Find Local Help
The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
"Your Money, Your Goals"
Tips for Submitting Supporting Documents to the Marketplace
How to Reconcile Your Premium Tax Credit
How do I Resolve an Inconsistency?
Consumer Guide for Annual Household Income Data Matching Issues
The Health Insurance Marketplace: Know Your Rights
Interacting with the Media & Holding Events: