At the LPCA, we recognize the important role that board members have in the long-term success of a health center.
We work to ensure that the Board of Directors of each existing or new FQHC in Louisiana understands their roles and responsibilities. To do this, we conduct a series of regional board trainings in various locations throughout the state. These regional trainings emphasize the core responsibilities of health center board members, including their legal and financial obligations and their advanced responsibilities, such as fundraising and advocacy. In particular, the courses we offer may include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Health Center Governance
- Legal Responsibilities of Health Center Board Members
- Financial Responsibilities of Health Center Board Members
- Personnel Policies and Procedures Development
- Clinical Aspects of the Health Center
- Strategic Planning for Health Center Boards
- Hiring and Evaluating the Executive Director
- Conducting a Board Meeting
- Monitoring and Evaluating the Health Center and Board
- Health Center Policy and Advocacy
- Health Center Fundraising
NACHC's Board Governance Workbook (July 2015)
We also offer individualized board trainings to new or existing FQHCs on site, or at another location of their choosing.
For more information about our board trainings, please contact Susie Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 927-7662 ext. 212.